How do we process your data?
Your shared data will be processed by the city of Antwerp (Antwerp Studentenstad – STAN) and the Association University & Universities of Applied Science Antwerp within the Kotweb partnership.
Purpose of data processing
The website of Kotweb registers data of the participating lessors and students as part of the objectives with regard to student dormitory: offering student rooms, additional quality information, information and assistance to lessors and students.
Your date will be exclusively used for the following purposes:
- Information and assistance to the participating lessors and students.
- Offering student rooms and additional quality information.
- Preparation of the model lease agreement.
- Keeping student housing data up to date.
- Fulfilling the reporting obligations of student housing owners in the city of Antwerp and the safety policy implemented by the city.
- Subscription to the newsletter for landlords and sending housing offers to students.
For the processing of mailings, you have given your consent. You can withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Kotweb via the contact information on the website.
The legal basis for processing is: legal obligations
The processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation imposed on the city of Antwerp regarding the reporting obligations for student housing. More information can be found at: https://www.antwerpen.be/info/60181a99a6bd7b24df7741ab/groen-kwaliteitslabel-vragen-om-je-studentenkot-te-verhuren
Disclosure to other parties
- The data of landlords are automatically transferred to the Social Safety department of the city of Antwerp upon registration, as part of the reporting obligations for student housing in the city of Antwerp and the safety policy implemented by the city. This information is integrated into the Digitt system. Once a property receives a quality label, it is transmitted through the same integration for publication on Kotweb. Landlords can create model contracts within Kotweb and pre-fill the tenant's data. Only the respective landlord can access this information.
- The data of students and landlords are never disclosed to third parties, unless it is legally required or you grant permission for it.
- Only the email addresses of landlords who indicate their desire to receive the newsletter on student housing in Antwerp are passed on to our mailing tool, Campaign Monitor. Both registration and subscription to the newsletter can be revoked by the user at any time.
- In exceptional cases and if necessary for the technical management of our website, the organization responsible for building and maintaining our website may have access to personal data.
Your personal data is processed and stored for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
- Student data is deleted after 1 year of inactivity of the profile.
- Data of landlords who have not linked properties and rooms are automatically deleted after 4 weeks.
- Data of landlords with linked properties is deleted after 2 years of inactivity of the profile.
- Personal data on model contracts is deleted 1 year after the end date of the model contract.
After the retention period, your personal data is erased by Kotweb.
In accordance with REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 of April 27, 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, rectify, and, if applicable, erase your data. To exercise these rights, please contact Kotweb via the contact information on the website or the city of Antwerp via email@example.com.
Furthermore, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authorities if you believe that your data is being processed in an incorrect manner. You can contact the Flemish Supervisory Commission or the Data Protection Authority for this purpose.
Flemish Supervisory Commission:
Koning Albert II Laan 15
Tel. 02 553 20 85
Data Protection Authority:
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data as described in this statement, you can always contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.